Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"Heritage, not hate"



Here's the problem with that argument. Let's just say that one time I got drunk, stripped naked, and then walked down the street attacking people.

If I did something like that, I wouldn't want to build a statue about it or keep pictures of the incident. I'd bury that shit as deep as possible. Because it would be my past, but I wouldn't want to celebrate it and talk about how I've changed if it did come up.

Right? I have a black friend!
A Southern Thing

If I did celebrate it and talk about how much that part of my past shaped me in a positive way to this day, then it's not an aberration, it's who you are. So if you want to pretend a confederate past is about heritage, then you're right. It's the heritage of your ancestors owning people and fighting for that economic system

No comments:

Post a Comment