Saturday, June 7, 2014

How can men help "Leaning In"

I am an MBA student, and I have been studying the benefits of diversity in the workplace.  I came across Sheryl Sandberg's TED talk and that led me to start reading her book.  My worry is that "Leaning In" by itself might not be enough. There have been several waves of feminism and the stats aren't moving enough.  There are structural issues at play, but I can't help but wonder, as a future business leader, what can someone like me do to help facilitate women's Leaning In? Is it just accepting blind resumes, or would it go further to imposing hard quotas in the hiring of women to leadership positions?  I want to be an ally, now and going forward, but I don't know what I can do on a micro level. Any advice is appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment