Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Quick thought on Followers

 

I know this came up before in our reading, but what is the role of the follower? There will be more in any organization than leaders, but their traits seem absent from the discussion in the book. Leadership, as a relaional, process-based thing is dependent on the followers.
That said, what are the traits of a follower? How can you be a better follower for a leader you have chosen to follow.
Finally, how does the leader/follower dynamic work within the individual? I am both a leader and a follower in my organization (or I hope so), are both of these roles part of an ongoing process that dialectially feeds organically to each other, or are they distinct roles?
I, uh, have no answers for any of these; they are just the things that came to mind when reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment